Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
taz98spin
Contributing MemberPosts: 526Gear list
Like?
A7R portrait shooters?!
9 months ago

Hello everybody, I'm a Fuji user who is waiting for the next FE camera (A9?) to be released.

I have a full time job and more of a weekend photographer, who does an average of 4 - 10 studio sessions per month with local models from the NYC area.

During this past weekend's shoot, I got to use my friend's A7R along with my X-T1 & 56/1.2 combo, and I was blown away with the A7R files! With the Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* lens, so much detail + sharpness even wide open!

I got so many lovely shots of my model I feel like I'm going to have to borrow his camera again for the next shoot!

However.. when I took a photo of myself, I was disgusted and scared   So much detail and sharpness means, I could see every pore and blemish on my face.. truely an ugly sight..

So.. for those who shoots portrais with the A7R. How do you folks deal with skin? For models, I just have to make sure the MUA does a good job, but for everyday folks, like friends and family who have less than perfect skin, how do you go about making their skin look decent??

-- hide signature --
 taz98spin's gear list:taz98spin's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony Alpha 7S +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow