Thoughts on buying a used XE2

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,684Gear list
Like?
Re: Thoughts on buying a used XE2
In reply to MrChristopher, 7 months ago

MrChristopher wrote:

I'm wanting to invest in Fuji glass and need a body to get that started. I'm leaning towards buying a used XE2 for now. We're there any hardware issues related to that model that I should be aware of when considering one to buy? If so what was the serial number range for those affected? Thanks and wish me well, my x100 has been wanting a buddy for a good while now.
--
http://chriscurnutt.tumblr.com/

I've had my X-E1 for just over a year. It's been a great tool to have.

I've been wanting to pick up an X-E2 as well. One thing after another has prevented that from happening; the latest being the instant rebates on lenses currently available in the U.S.A. until April 5th.

The next interruption may very well be the super deals on new X-E1's that are available. Adorama's running a promotion that ends to day: Put an X-E1 body in a shopping cart, go to check out, type "ENDOFMARCH" in the coupon box, and instead of paying $599, the price changes to $499. Same thing happens with the kits that include the 18-55mm lens: $699, which happens to be the going rate to buy the lens alone, so you basically get a free camera body with the purchase of a new lens.

If finances are an issue, you might do better by jumping on the rebates for lenses, and just pick up a couple of those before April 5th, and worry about getting a camera body later.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow