Nikon's D700 a balanced camera for image quality, value, pro handling and MP.

Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
arachnophilia
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,239Gear list
Like?
Re: Used D600 for $1200 seems more balanced
In reply to Josh152, 8 months ago
So your opinion is that the D600 has less weather sealing than the D700 but the D800 doesn't? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Oh wait a minute I see the problem. Read THIS. Then provide proof that either NIkon is lying on that web page or that D700 has better weather sealing than the D800 or just admit you spoke without knowing what you were talking about.

okay, i could be wrong. my understanding was that there are different tiers of sealing, the D2/3/4 models being the best, with the D200/300/700/800 models coming in second, and the newer, less rugged bodies like the D7000/7100/600/610 in third. but maybe that's complete fluff. i don't know. do you have an evidence that they're exactly the same?

because elsewhere here it's come to light that even component modules that nikon gives the same name might not be the same modules in different cameras (like the CAM 3500 FX in the D700 vs the D3, and the enhanced CAM 3500 FX in the D800 vs the D4). so i wouldn't really read too much into the non-technical website sales-speak nikon puts out.

arachnophilia's gear list:arachnophilia's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow