Relation between dust and aperture setting

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
SushiEater
Senior MemberPosts: 1,859Gear list
Like?
Re: Relation between dust and aperture setting
In reply to jjnik, 7 months ago

Stop - you're embarrassing yourself with your lack of knowledge of basic physics - light does not wrap or bend in these scenarios. Your diffuser is just creating a much larger, and softer light source than a direct flash (which is more akin to a strong, point light source). By your twisted view of the laws of physics, why doesn't the light from the direct flash wrap/bend around the subject and eliminate the shadows??

I think you should stop because you are embarrassing yourself.

I have a very strong view of the physics.

The reason straight flash seems like it does not wrap around is because of the ratio of the flash head to the target. If you were correct and light traveled in straight there would be an exact size of the target  shadow on the wall. But it doesn't happen. If you come close to the target with the flash when it should be much bigger shadow behind. But it doesn't happen either. That is because light wraps around the target if it can. BTW, my diffuser is smaller than a human head but it still make light to wrap around. Take a look at the below picture. According to you (since I was at the slight angle) we should see a strong shadow in between the actors. But there is none. The only shadows you see is from the room light.

SushiEater's gear list:SushiEater's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
UGHNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow