1650$ for A7r. Does it make sense ?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,037Gear list
Like?
Re: 1650$ for A7r. Does it make sense ?
In reply to mkandil, 6 months ago

mkandil wrote:

I won a new A7r on ebay for 1650$ but i did not paid yet. How could a seller sells a camera for 1650$ while its price is around 2200$.

the seller has around 100 feedbacks only. did anyone purchased an A7r from ebay for such price ?

I am living/working in Qatar and the A7r is just released for 9,000QAR (2456$).

does it worth taking the risk ? will ebay return my money if something goes wrong ?

please advice

-- hide signature --

moh

The seller potentially listed the camera as an A7R when it is actually an A7. I recently found a Minolta 50mm 2.8 macro AF for $98 on Amazon that normally sells for $150+. I contacted the seller to make sure it was the right lens and sure enough it was a 50mm 1.7. I had purchased it and sent a message to the seller who caught the problem/cancelled the order before it was shipped.

You need to contact the seller and confirm the camera make/model? Keeping them waiting while the camera is off the market is not good. You have a right to be concerned but need to follow up quickly. 100 feedbacks isn't bad and it sounds like a private seller.

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow