1650$ for A7r. Does it make sense ?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
drjs
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
Re: 1650$ for A7r. Does it make sense ?
In reply to mkandil, 4 months ago

mkandil wrote:

I won a new A7r on ebay for 1650$ but i did not paid yet. How could a seller sells a camera for 1650$ while its price is around 2200$.

the seller has around 100 feedbacks only. did anyone purchased an A7r from ebay for such price ?

I am living/working in Qatar and the A7r is just released for 9,000QAR (2456$).

does it worth taking the risk ? will ebay return my money if something goes wrong ?

please advice

-- hide signature --

moh

I echo other people's sentiments.  "You have already taken the risk" when you decided to bid on the item.  If you are not sure the authenticity of the item, you should have asked the buyer before you placed a bid.  After you place the bid and won, you are obligated to pay for the item.

In regard to why a A7R could be sold so cheaply, there are a lot of surplus items coming off the combo deal in the states.  A7R could be bought with a lens and a flash for $650 off.  Both B&H and focus camera in the states (both are large and very reputable) give you extra $300 - $500 off on top of it.  So in theory a A7r with a 35mm lens and a flash can be had for  $2300 (Camera)+$800 (35mm Lens) +$550 (Flash) - $650-$460 = $2540

Assuming a seller can sell the camera for $1650 and flash for $350, he/she can net the lens for $500 or so.  With the ebay fee on top, it is not a super deal but still money is made on the entire transaction. But ebay price is purely supply and demand. With so many combo deals floating around, I expect prices to stay low until the rebates have ended.

drjs's gear list:drjs's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 550D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow