Which lens to purchase for Sony A65?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
18diopters
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
Re: You didn't mention budget...
In reply to dsquirrel, 6 months ago

DT35mm f1.8 for sure!

The Sony 16-50 is good, but the 35mm prime is awesome! Buy the 35mm f1.8 and a Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6 and go from there. You should be able to buy those two for the cost of the Sony 16-50 f2.8, and spend any additional money you have budgeted on a half decent polariser.

For the wide angle Samyangs are excellent, but either of the Sigma 10-20mms are super fun and have automatic exposure. I've had good success with the f3.5 version.

-- hide signature --

If you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around. They say ‘well if you don’t vote, you have no right to complain,’ but where is the logic in that? If you vote and you elect dishonest, incompetent people and they get into office and screw everything up, well, you are responsible for everything they’ve done. You’ve caused the problem, you voted them in, you have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote, who, in fact, did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain as loud as I want about the mess you created that I had nothing to do with. -George Carlin

Agreed. 35 1.8 and tamron 70-300 are the only lenses that I use. Thinking of selling off all my other lenses because they never get any action.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow