GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,497Gear list
Like?
Re: People having fun on the water
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 8 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

Good ones!

Did you perchance get one of the second couple "suspended" above their reflection on that calm water?

I'm imagining that it might've been quite dramatic.

I'm not sure what you mean.

A couple of summers ago I got a couple in a canoe in a glassy reflection which showed an almost exact replica of the direct image. The canoe had stopped so it was spookily suspended. In fact it was difficult to tell which end was up.

Your shot reminded me of it.  When I shoot waterfowl etc in good conditions, angles etc it is sometimes nice to get the whole reflection.

I did tighten the crop, so there is more reflection to show. They were only in frame long enough for me to get two shots before they moved down stream. My other shot has just the guy and he isn't looking at the camera.

Good stuff.   By the way, your first shot illustrates the fallacy of the "never take pix of the backs of folks" advice.  In your case it is a nice device to get the viewers' eyes into the depth of that swamp,  giving it a 3D sense.  A good "engagement" tool.

t

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NiceNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow