XT1 - Truly Superior IQ

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 9,447Gear list
Like?
Re: THIS is what started this whole thread????!!!!????
In reply to Ger Horgan, 9 months ago

Ger Horgan wrote:

I seriously doubt he had the GX7 at all ...

Each to their own with their fav camera... but to start a thread basically stating the GX7 is rubbish ..

well sorry Troll alert for me

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. If he was a troll he'd have taken on the EM1 because it gets so much more press and raves than the GX7 (unjustly I think - the EM1 and GX7 are both pretty amazing cameras in my experience).

I've had trouble getting good images out of a camera right away too, particularly when I was new to photography. So maybe he's just doing something wrong, maybe he has the AF settings doing something he doesn't realize. Or maybe it's just a really bad copy of an already pretty mediocre lens. Or maybe there's something wrong with his camera.

But to make such sweeping statements after a handful of photos that didn't come out the way you wanted. Jeez, it reminds me of the early days of the X100. More people returned that camera because they couldn't be bothered to learn how parallax worked and how to use the OVF. Even with all of it's early quirks (and I'm the first to admit that some of them were amazingly bizarre), that was and is a great camera but a lot of early adopters sent it back out of frustration...

-Ray
--------------------------------------
We judge photographers by the photographs we see. We judge cameras by the photographs we miss - Haim Zamir
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow