ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChevChelios
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
X-E1 dismantled / disassembled
9 months ago

Hello!

At first, I want to introduce myself. My name is Jens, I am located at Schweinfurt, Northern Bavaria, Germany.

I own an X-E1 since three months now and I love this camera really much

I want to share here some shots of a defective X-E1 which I bought very cheaply @ the bay.

I was curious if the X-E1 is as solidly built as the X-Pro1, especially when it comes to bajonet mount and sensor fixation, as it can be seen in a video on Youtube where somebody disassembles a X-Pro.

What is to say? The X-E1 is as solidly built, only except for the back, which is made of polycarbonate. This is nothing new, but it is remarkable, that despite the high amount of metal and Mg-alloy being used, the weight could be kept that low.

Inside, right behind the polycarbonate-back, there is a piece of metal which goes through the whole case. One part of its functionis to keep the display in place. The display itself is sealed towards the backside-glass with a rubber-seal. Done so, no dust or dirt should be able to enter the space between the glass and display.

All in all a very nicely built camera, not only from the outside, also on the inside it is very high worthy and durable/precise.

The shutter- mechanism is made of plastic-parts in a glassfiber-reinforced housing. This is nothing bad, for plastics being nowadays sometimes more durable than metals. For instance parts of a gear made of plastics CAN last longer than the same gear made of metal.

Here are the photos (if it works as intended, it is my first time here

ChevChelios's gear list:ChevChelios's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow