ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pepyn
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
EM-10 - Flash for macro
9 months ago

Hi there,

New to M43 and new to the EM-10 I recently got.

I'm keen to get into macro more so bought the 60mm f2.8 macro lens. Must say I've struggled with focus (very shallow DOF) and camera shake but also really noticing the lack of light in all but the brightest conditions. Mid afternoon (this in very sunny Australia) and the ISO easily jumps to my auto max (3200) which I'd like to avoid.  Hence my question...

Can anyone make some recommendations for an affordable ($200?) macro flash solution? E.g. should I try one of those cheapie ring flashes (lights) or a standard flash with a diffuser? For the latter, will mounting it to the hotshoe provide sufficient angle to light a subject a few centimetres from the lens? I'm keen to keep the flash solution pretty small if possible, some of the rigs I've seen are like from ghostbusters!

Thanks again

Pepyn

Pepyn's gear list:Pepyn's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow