Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
billinvegas
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
Nikon 24-70 vs. Tamron 24-70 VC
5 months ago

The Nikon 24-70 lens has always been one of my "must haves" since I switched to shooting Nikon.
I finally swapped the last of my Canon gear for some Nikon gear, this lens was part of the deal.
Overall, happy with the lens, only one complaint. Size/weight.
I knew going in that this would be a large and heavy lens.
Nearly all of my shooting is hand held these days. Don't know if it's the weight, and / or
age (hands pre-arthritic) a combination of both most likely. I'm having to deal with motion blur.

I'm upping the shutter speed to over 200th to 250th / sec and higher to get my shots.
This is requiring upping the ISO, and dealing with noise in LR.
My other lenses that are VR, or VC, I'm not having that much of a problem shooting with them handheld.
So, I'm under the impression that the vibration reduction is doing it's part.
So, I'm debating on getting the Tamron 24-70 that has VC.
Has anyone shot with both of these lenses? Is the image quality close? (center sharpness, sharpness out to the edge, any softness at the extremes of the zooms, esp. at 2.8)
i'd love to hear your experiences...
Thanks!

BTW

I do have the 24-85 VR, but I'm needing the 2.8 for low light / indoor photography...

billinvegas's gear list:billinvegas's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Nikon D700 +17 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow