Any Reason to get D5300 over Sony A6000?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,577Gear list
Like?
Re: A great marketing line - but believe it all?
In reply to ultimitsu, 9 months ago

ultimitsu wrote:

EthanP99 wrote:

Image Stabilization is in body. I guess you have never even seen a Pentax or Sony body before

You can also buy the new lenses too: heres an example

http://store.sony.com/sony-alpha-sal70400g2-super-telephoto-zoom-lens-zid27-SAL70400G2/cat-27-catid-All-Full-Frame-A-Mount-Lenses

Of course I know they are IBIS, you missed Olympus. But it is common knowledge that IBIS is much inferior compared to ILIS for telephotos.

Common knowledge hmmm. Then you should have little problems presenting some studies comparing Oly's ibis with ILIS systems.

Its alright though, I get it, you shoot Canon religiously and are threatened. I've shot more than just Canon (phase one, pentax, hasselblad) I just happen to like Sony over my Canon equipment.

Actually you dont get it at all. Firstly I do not shoot Canon, Canon 5D3 is a camera I would never buy because it doesnt suit my need, but this does not stop me from understanding how well it is made and how well it suits its target audience. Secondly no one feels threatened, Canon is going strong with its 5D3 and 6D and millions of lens sales. On the other hand, Sony A mount, Sony SLT, and Hasselblad are the ones facing extinction. Your post is so saturated with fear it is leaking all over the floor.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow