Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rossuziers
Forum ProPosts: 12,779Gear list
Like?
I've Drunk The Demise of XP KoolAid:
9 months ago

And ordered: This somewhat middle of the road system, in hopes of getting another better part of 10 years of relatively trouble free service that my ole Sony Vaio has given (If anyone knows of a better off-the-shelf deal or discount code etc. I'm listening).

I was planning to ride the ole XP beast out till things got difficult but the nic took a crap & one of the DVD's won't even open while the other DVD took several attempts before it would even read a DVD/CD. Plus every so often, when I'm editing my JPG's, the machine just reboots for no apparent reason.. So I figure better to spend a little more now & get a whole fresh system rather than replace the domino's as they fall in an old box, especially since much of any newer software I might eventually want probably won't run in XP. Not that I'm a software hoarder...

I'm also not quite ready to spend a lot of time trying to acclimate to what seems to be quite a huge difference in Win8 as opposed to the relatively minor difference in Win7 compared to XP & choose to go with Win7 before it completely disappears...

For the most part I just surf & get by editing my pics (JPG) in FastStone mostly or sometimes PSE7 & PSE7 is the vehicle by which my pics are transferred to my machine...

My main reason for posting this is to ask if the relatively long-in-the-tooth PSE7 will still work in Win7 on an i5? Or do I have to step up to the newer version of PSE that makes use of the quad-core & considerably more memory I'll soon have?

Most all of my current software is freeware that I assume I either won't miss should it not be compatible or has already been updated to be so.. I just am not lookin' forward to having to update PSE because I really only use it for transferring.. I've gotten used to it's default file-naming format which I suppose I could change in FastStone or Piasa if their default file-naming isn't the same but I'm not even up for that along with the OS change coming...

TIA.

-- hide signature --

> > */The Amateur Formerly Known as/* '*UZ'pShoot'ERS*' /'Happy Shootin'! Comments, Critique, Ridicule, Limericks, Jokes, Hi-jackings, EnthUZIastically, Encouraged... I Insist! */rrawzz'at'gmail'dot'com/* * http://www.pbase.com/rrawzz *
> */Another vote for an authentic & true to the core FZ50 upgrade/

Rossuziers's gear list:Rossuziers's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow