Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GTian
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Lost Package from Adorama - Bad Experience with Customer Service
9 months ago

Like a member said, Adorama has no idea what "customer service" means or how to execute.

When there is an issue, they don't pay sufficient attention and take it seriously.

I ordered a camera from them on Feb 06, and was expecting to receive it by Feb 12 as I would be out of town in early morning of Feb 13. I checked the tracking on Feb 10 and realized the delivery would possibly delay one or two days, then I phoned to Adorama to ask if they could redirect the shipping address to the place where I would go. I CLEARLY remembered the Representative told me it's no problem and wrote down the new shipping address for me.

In the evening of Feb 13, I got an email from Adorama said they were unable to redirect package. I immediately checked the tracking shown the package was left at front door without signature!

On Feb 17, I was back to home and did NOT see the package at front door!

I checked everywhere around the house, asked neighbours. NO good news! the package was lost!

Then I sent an inquiry to Adorama, they opened a trace for this lost package, and promised it would take up to 10 business days to investigate. 10 days later, when I sent email to ask, they gave me another 10 business days to wait. and then 5 days more. No update during the long timeframe.

After 6 weeks waiting, I received the update. It said "per Fedex website showing delivered on 02/13/2014." --- Was this the investigation Adorama had made in the past 6 weeks? Shouldn't they haven looked into this at the beginning? It appears customer services don't know what the meaning of the lost package is.

There were more than 10 representatives were involved in this case, as each time the phone or email was picked up by different reps. But none of them were able to provide valuable information.

From this bad experience, I would say Adorama's "float" customer service is very non-effective way to solving issues, because every time I have to repeat and repeat to address the issue to different representative who actually doesn't take it into consideration seriously.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow