captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,535Gear list
Like?
Re: Minolta 50s and the A7
In reply to kenetik, 5 months ago

kenetik wrote:

captura wrote:

Nice post!

Smaller and lighter than the MD 50/1.7 is the MD 50/2.0. That is a completely different lens and is remarkable for being 100% sharp and usable right from the wide open aperture. Quality of sharpness, color and bokeh are about the same as the 50/1.7 and it's small size make it my everyday favorite. Has good coatings so little lens flare.

I also have the 55mm MC Rokkor 1.9 which is as you say, very very sharp and I've used it on my Panasonic G1 as well as my 5R, especially for portrait work. It is very easy to get a clean focus.

I've never used the 2.0, but it looks pretty compact. The 1.9 takes really nice shots, and is really light and compact. Agree about the sharpness.

I'm surprised the 45/50 will even work on the A7. The throat is really small which was the complaint back in the day.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow