I've been lusting for a new camera, but only now have I an inkling what I truly want.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
cainn24
Senior MemberPosts: 2,284
Like?
Re: I've been lusting for a new camera, but only now have I an inkling what I truly want.
In reply to millardmt, 7 months ago

millardmt wrote:

Which brings me to my pet peeve: If a camera doesn't have a prism, its EVF better be modular or I'll want nothing to do with it! Period. End of discussion. If I even suspect that a manufacturer's designers are being instructed by its marketing department to make something that "looks like a DSLR" because that's "what our focus groups keep telling us they like," then forget it -- I won't buy it. (I realize built-in EVFs have to located somewhere -- just not THERE!)

Funny.  Put the EVF anywhere else and I'll hate the camera, just as I hated the GX7.  Why?  Because I grew up using SLRs so it is simply the ergonomic paradigm that feels most natural to me.  Sure, there may be a few people who look at me snapping away with my E-M5 and think "look at that guy with his pretend pentaprism" but the insecurities lie with them, not with me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
35SNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow