Which lens to purchase for Sony A65?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
123Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 4,306Gear list
Like?
Re: Which lens to purchase for Sony A65?
In reply to jaynbay112, 9 months ago

jaynbay112 wrote:

Ok I guess I wasn't clear but I really appreciate the help! I want the cheapest as possible but still decent. I don't mind old Minoltas and stuff, I'm talking like Beercan, Mini beer can and so on. Also the 50mm f1,7? Can anyone tell me about there experience with Minolta lenses on non film cameras, good , bad, witch ones?

I would like AF...

Hows the sony 50mm F.18?

I don't really like the 50mm primes on a crop camera,  because it's too far zoomed in. I much prefer the 35mm F/1.8 prime. It is sharper and better than the 50mm Minolta 1.7 one. The Min can be found for around $80, and the 35mm one can be found for around $180, but not spending the money on the Minolta means you *might* one day get that 35mm one. For portraits, you can use the Tamron one if you're getting that one.

Having the 17-50 brings a great deal of joy to your photography hobby. Sharper, and nicer, more vibrant.

I'd not gather too many "cheap" Minolta ones. Not spending the money on them, means freeing up funds for the lenses that really are very good.

My ideal combination is that 17-50, 55-300, and 35/1.8. That's about 275+225+175=$675. That's a lot of money, but you wouldn't be lens-hopping looking for better stuff. There just isn't a step up from it really (on a budget). You should look at what people spend on E-mount lenses for those NEX type cameras, good grief it's absurd! One single lens is like $600...

123Mike's gear list:123Mike's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow