Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Amamba
Contributing MemberPosts: 825Gear list
Like?
Re: finding digital camera body for 35mm minolta lenses
In reply to Apollo T, 4 months ago

Apollo T wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm making my first steps in returning to photography after several decades of absence. My problem is similar to Armom's, only a bit more so. I have old Minolta FULLY MANUAL glass. These lenses are for my SRT- 101 and SRT 102. I would like to get a digital body with which I can use these. I've read that I would need an adapter to mount these to a SONY Alpha body... I'm OK with that.

My question(s) really revolve around being able to adapt these lenses to bodies from different other mfrs. I'm more likely to find a used Nikon or Canon around here. These are often being replaced with newer tech.

Thanks to Armom for starting this thread. Thanks in advance for your time.

Apollo T.

DSLRs have longer distance between lens mount and sensor, so using MD lenses on them would require an optical adapter and those are not helping with IQ at all.

What you need is a mirrorless camera. I highly recommend Sony Nex series, it has focus peaking and is great for using old manual lenses. Without peaking, focusing would be slow and difficult. I myself use half a dozen Minolta MD lenses on Nex and it's a breeze.

Amamba's gear list:Amamba's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow