Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
DenWil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,355
Like?
Re: Criticism Wanted ! Thanks
In reply to Relifecreations, 4 months ago

Relifecreations wrote:

Interesting first drafts.  So, some thoughts- in order-

Nice girl  wrong f stop. That background would me  wonderful  were the girl framed higher in the image and  2.8

2-3-4  (particularly 3) are great sets  just  the wrong implementation. There is nothing wrong with amazing backgrounds but you can't compromise the subject, and you still have to feature the subject.

The last one  just has that dead zone on the right side. As fond as I am of negative space this is a distraction.  A bit much at the top as well. I recut it , cloned out the pale oval from the tree trunk (cut  everything to the right of that tree, ½ the space above her head) added saturation, contrast  and darkened the shadows and sharpened the bubbles and the set now  surrounds the girl with interesting things but she is featured and still what you see first.

OOF bubbles behind her would have made it perfect.  Have her shot walking thru the space as if she is walking thru a field of bubbles and just ignoring  them.I love where her jaw is in relationship to the beams of light and the angle of her eyes.

Anyhow, very entertaining.

-- hide signature --

denniswilliams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow