Any Reason to get D5300 over Sony A6000?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
A great marketing line - but believe it all?
In reply to K E Hoffman, 9 months ago

K E Hoffman wrote:

I know "never will a real photographer use an EVF" never will they use Autofocus, never will they go 100% digital and leave film etc.

What a joke... pure marketing hyperbole. This is a good example of using a logical fallacy to discredit another person in a debate. There is no basis in associating people that don't like EVFs to curmudgeons that that dislike digital or those wouldn't use autofocus. Many people that like DSLRs like good flexible fast autofocus systems. While the Sony claims leading AF speed this is yet to be proven and hardly the most important aspect for most users of a A6000 or D5300.

2) Sony is doing restructuring.. Junk is an investment term.. has to do with return

Incomplete explaination - junk status has to do with the risk associated with loaning a company money, in other words the risk of not getting all of your money back when you lend it to them.

.. not with company viability.. Some of the same articles listed status as Stable.. just not investment grade at the institutional level. Part of this restructuring is more emphasis on the imaging business.

A junk bond is a high yield bond due to it's high risk. Junk bonds are often bundled and purchased by institutional investors, but sometimes one pays the price when the risk doesn't pan out. With just released news that Japan's industrial output tumbled 2.3% in February from January I wouldn't be making any bets on a junk bond in Japan (but that's just me, consult your investment adviser before making any investments).

Kudos on your marketing savy, of course that's your job. Seeing you in action I am very cautious about believing everything you say. Good marketing mixes enough facts in with other questionable rhetoric and FUD (fear, doubt and uncertainty) to convince others of their point. You may be very good at marketing, but that doesn't mean we should take your pitch hook line and sinker.

-- hide signature --

f8 and be there

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow