Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffGo
Contributing MemberPosts: 643Gear list
Like?
Re: CV28 Ultron + VM-E on A7R
In reply to JeffGo, 5 months ago

JeffGo wrote:

osv wrote:

those pics are pretty clean jeff! it looks like a nice piece of glass.

when you get a chance... how about a long distance wide landscape shot, camera jpeg, no processing.

thanks,

-- hide signature --

dan

Sure, I will definitely try that. If the rain holds off (I think we hit an all-time record for March with a few days left) I will take a walk. I'll turn RAW+JPEG back on for you

JPEGs are at http://1drv.ms/Qwptkr. If anyone wants the RAWs, I can post them too. I am using Auto ISO with a fixed Shutter speed (so same as Manual); apertures were usually f8 or f11, with a few f5.6 - too bad it doesn't get recorded in the EXIF. Some shots appeared dark, and at one point I had boosted the exposure+1. The shadows recover just fine from the RAWs. Nearly all the shots were focused at infinity which with an f11 which puts everything from about 5 feet into focus.

My conclusion from this round is that the corners and borders are definitely soft, and there is definitely a little bit of purple color on the edges. There is also a fair amount of CA that can be corrected; you might have to play with the LR eyedropper a few times to hit just the right spot. Center is quite sharp and the microcontrast is quite nice. So it might not be that much better than the FE2470 at 28mm but I think it is sharper and less distorted so probably no need to correct in landscapes. Vignetting is present but minimal.

JeffGo's gear list:JeffGo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS20 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 28mm F2 Ultron Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow