Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
glaebhoerl
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
X-E1, first shots
5 months ago

(Okay, actually most of the first shots were of my cat. But these are the first from Outside.)

Commentary:

This camera is witchcraft. It's not possible to take a bad photograph. Even bad shots are good. I was so accustomed, with my previous camera, to going out shooting, and, based on impressions from the rear display, being full of anticipation to see the photos I had taken in larger size, only to be let down every time with most shots being unusable because of blown highlights, unappealing colors, noise (and its even worse reduction), or just plain old not looking very good. This time, it was the exact reverse. I was expecting the majority of pictures I took to be dreck: after all, it was only my first time out with a new camera. Instead of that, even the photographs with no exceptional artistic value, the ones I took just for practice, look bloody gorgeous. I'm deliriously in love with Fuji's colors and rendering, even moreso with their, uh, non-colors.

As for the lens: I'll let you guys guess.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow