Who's eagerly awaiting the rumoured Sony MF mirrorless?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ebuddha
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Re: Who's eagerly awaiting the rumoured Sony MF mirrorless?
In reply to jkspepper, 6 months ago

jkspepper wrote:

and considering dumping the A7R for it?

If Sony do make a medium format mirrorless and 80mm lens, my A7R and 55mm is gone.

Are there really that many people that print than 44" by 54" (aprox, depending on exact sensor dimensions) which is what a 50MP sensor could do without any uprezzing (at 144 ppi, which is what you'd want for a viewing distance of 24 inches)?

and by the way, that's not much bigger than what the A7r is already capable of:  34" x 51" at 36MP.

I don't see how the price differential could justify this - you're talking about a smaller volume unit so that alone is going to push the price a lot higher - not to mention the glass - unless you already have lenses in a mount that they adopt or would be compatible, the total investment would be massive compared to the incremental improvement in resolution.

I know Sony is a big company and they can focus on more than one thing at a time, but I'd like to see them focus on fixing the problems with the A7r (shutter vibration, lossy raw files) and improving their production quality, especially of their Zeiss designed lenses (we should never hear stories about samples being de-centered, etc) and filling out the FE line with a complete set of fast, AF primes.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow