Who's eagerly awaiting the rumoured Sony MF mirrorless?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
DFPanno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,909Gear list
Like?
A quick note…...
In reply to Jefenator, 8 months ago

If your reference to "haters" is a indirect reference to my post I can assure you I am not a "hater".

If I wake up in the morning and decide to go "big" with MF I will simply call B&H and order a Phase One and all the lenses I need.  Not trying to impress with that comment; it is just something I am in the fortunate position of doing.

If you look at my gear list you will see that I don't have many lenses for my Canon.  Not because I am a "hater" that can't afford them but because it is cheaper to rent them.

You will be able to rent this SONY too.

Looking at your Flickr stream I don't see anything there that you could not get with a Nikon FF.  Not a knock on your photos (they are very nice) but more a testament to what a better FF SLR is capable of producing.

Of course if you make massive prints the MF would make sense.  Will you print that many photos that big to make use of the resolution in an ongoing way?

If you won't then why not rent the gear for a day in the mountains ?

Not everybody that thinks something is a waste of money is a "hater" BTW.  Sometimes they are just using common sense.

Incidently I did suggest that there was an elite group that can push the MF envelope and I have no reason to think that you are not part of that group.

Enjoy your new Sony !

DFPanno's gear list:DFPanno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow