Who's eagerly awaiting the rumoured Sony MF mirrorless?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Jefenator
Senior MemberPosts: 1,447Gear list
Like?
Re: Who's eagerly awaiting the rumoured Sony MF mirrorless?
In reply to jkspepper, 7 months ago

It is intriguing and exciting and I would applaud Sony for doing it.

If this rumored "RX-M" were sufficiently practical and affordable, it would present a very compelling package to certain folks who crave more IQ but can't justify a 5-figure expenditure. Full-frame would no longer be the end of the line, just another stop along the way.

It might reduce a bit of that flak full-frame currently gets. (Not that I really care when the occasional hater dismisses my current rig as being the "latest gadget" for people with "more money than brains" etc...)

Having chosen the A7 over the A7r, I have already chosen practicality over maximum IQ. My next big expenditures will be in the printing realm. That will determine whether I can really use more resolution or not. I'm currently looking at a 20x30" print from my old APS-C camera and it looks pretty darn good, so I think I'm thinking: not for a while.

Once my gallery exhibitions are going well and I want to make even bigger prints, I could see myself leapfrogging the A7R and going to mirrorless medium format. By the time that comes to be, hopefully Sony's second generation model will be on discount! 

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow