Running Win95 programs on Vista/Win7

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Austinian
Senior MemberPosts: 1,484Gear list
Like?
Re: feelin’ pretty bad
In reply to Joe186, 7 months ago

Joe186 wrote:

My apologies to anyone who was hurt by this. From now on, the only software I’ll ever inform you all about, is going to be run though at least three online uploadable multi-engine virus scanners. If even one alert shows, I just won’t even mention the software. The only ones I’ll mention, will be 100% cleared, with links posted to all results.

Your attitude does you credit, but IMO don't feel too bad about this; people all over the Net are constantly posting about various programs and utilities, and seldom mentioning anything about possible adware or malware.

My feeling is that links on the Net are "downloader beware", and it's up to me to read reviews, scan for malware, etc. and keep myself safe in general. Very few people indeed are as careful as you plan to be about posting links.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a77 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow