CV28 Ultron + VM-E on A7R

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffGo
Contributing MemberPosts: 659Gear list
Like?
Re: CV28 Ultron + VM-E on A7R
In reply to KwhyChang, 7 months ago

Looks really nice Jeff. I think you made a great choice here. It'll be really nice to have f2 sometimes and 28mm, at least for me, is a very useful angle of view.

Here, I have the Canon 28/2.8 IS which I like a lot.

Some nice images there. I for one would like to see a few more.

Have you needed the fancy adapter, or would a cheaper one suffice?

Is it too early to decide if you will keep it?

-- hide signature --

Dave

Thanks Dave. I am pretty sure this will be a keeper. I have some new skills to work on (like MF with assist). From what I have seen so far, it has some corner weakness for sure, just a little bit of color smear, and a fairly normal and small amount of CA. Center sharpness is really good. I love the build on this lens, everything is tight and smooth. The hood is minimal - I actually thought it was built in because I couldn't get it off yesterday, but today, no problem. I ordered a little bit bigger hood in 52mm instead of 46mm. I can then stack my 49mm CPL and that hood with appropriate step ups and hopefully avoid vignetting.

I think a cheaper adapter would have worked fine. I was interested in getting closer focus than the specified 70cm and with the adapter I can get to 24cm. I did want a decent quality adapter and the regular CV is about $200, Novoflex was about $260. And besides, Brian gave some compelling arguments in his book so now I can shoot just like him I now feel empowered to try other M mount lenses although I can't afford the Leica ones and the Zeiss Biogons might not be the best match, although I would love to be proved wrong.

It might be a long time before we see the sun again so I will try some indoor/flash shots today. Most of my shots have been at higher ISOs. I might also pop this on my NEX-7.

JeffGo's gear list:JeffGo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS20 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 28mm F2 Ultron Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow