Who's eagerly awaiting the rumoured Sony MF mirrorless?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
tex
tex
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,328Gear list
Like?
Glass half empty view. I'm seeing half full, and...
In reply to mpetersson, 9 months ago

increasing synergy---a line that truly goes from entry level consumer up through top gear across multiple formats.

BTW, there is a pretty strong rumor that Canon may be looking at Medium Format.  If so, and the Sony rumor is true (and I think it is), we'd then have Canon, Sony, Pentax, Hassy, Mamiya all in that market, with different approaches, from around $5k to $26+ K.  That's a more well rounded market than the one that used to be just over $25K.  And good numbers of people plunked down money for the top end FF DSLR's when they cost more than the current Pentax DMF does.  If these things do happen, watch for Fuji to jump in the pool---they've got pleanty of experience with MF.

This won't be a huge market, but it's one that will allow for expansion and higher profits in an increasingly tight consumer market, with plateauing numbers.

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software. Personal website: www.texandrewsart.com
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

tex's gear list:tex's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Pentax 645Z Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Rokinon T-S 24mm 1:3.5 ED AS UMC +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow