GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,772Gear list
Like?
Re: Looks good to me
In reply to uhligfd, 4 months ago

uhligfd wrote:

GaryW wrote:

uhligfd wrote:

Brown water, brown clouds, natural ? or photoshop is my question ...

I take it you don't approve of the post-processing? We all have different ideas of what we want. It looks pleasant enough to me, but my guess is that it was warmed up to enhance the color of the sunset, at the expense of the other colors. It probably looks better than a more "natural" look.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

Dear Gary,

what i worry about is why you chose this color?

I didn't.  

In LR or photoshop it is so easy to get an image all into the blues, the pinks, the greens, the purples, reds, … etc. And if one wants to change the world, why brown? Why not silver or gold? I know this is your artistic decision, totally yours.

I might have gone for more colorful tones, if it were mine.  However, I can't say that this combinatin is invalid.  I don't see where it's written down that all photographs must be vivid with purples, greens, and reds, etc. It seems like an artistic choice.

I have a photographic print hanging on the wall that is mostly orange from the sunset and other areas are dark and muted. I imagine this came from film but I don't know what kind of processing it had. We are fortunate to have more, or at least easier, options these days.

I guess i would have liked you to try a few more overpped hues and make sure this is the one that is proper for the image, your mood of the day and your artistic view of the worlds.

The more color deviations, the merrier …, the more outlandish the better, I think.

Or keep it earthly and natural, with a little bit of help from pp.

I agree that I'll tend to keep it natural or go crazy with it. Inbetween just seems undecided.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow