Any Reason to get D5300 over Sony A6000?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Leonard Migliore
Forum ProPosts: 10,627Gear list
Like?
That's a valid clarification
In reply to NowHearThis, 9 months ago

NowHearThis wrote:

Leonard Migliore wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Also think about the ability to adapt lenses with shorter registrations than Nikon or Canon EOS like Leica M, Zeiss ZM and Canon FD as well as Nikon and Canon. If you're a legacy lens fan like I am, the D5300 won't be able to do as much although Nikon has an extensive number of classic Nikkors that are nice to use.

The D5300 is not very usable with older Nikkors. It won't autofocus with AF-D lenses and won't meter with AI lenses. If you're not willing to stick with AF-S lenses, it's just not a good choice.

Allow me to reword what you said that so the OP will understand it.

"If you're not willing to stick with any of the 110+ AF-S lenses (including ones from Sigma and Tamron) that have been produced, of which more than 90 are still available, it's just not a good choice."

That said, if the OP can afford it, A6000 + 16-70/4 Zeiss is one sweet, small setup.

I was responding to stevo23's reference to legacy lenses. It is, as you note, not a real problem if you're using the camera with modern lenses and not a reason to downgrade the D5300.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow