In reply to nixda, 9 months ago

nixda wrote:

guitarjeff wrote:

nixda wrote:

guitarjeff wrote:

Ray Sachs wrote:

guitarjeff wrote:

Ger Horgan wrote:

"I compared pictures of the GX7 with my XT1 with similar settings. In every case, the XT1 pictures were visibly superior. Better sharpness and better color rendition. My experience with the GX7 was that it has trouble taking truly sharp pictures.

-- hide signature --

Sorry I cannot take this guy seriously .. A simple question why did he buy a GX7 in the first place ?

http://www.dinglephoto.com

Gerry

Good point Gerry. So do you perceive or did you see something unique in the many X trans photos you must have looked at before you purchased? Trying to figure out here if it's possible for there to be something pleasing and unique about the way Fuji X trans shows it colors or rendering possibly because of it's electronics and such.

Sure, it has it's characteristics, same as any other filter, array, processor combination. That's fine if that's all you're talking about.

It's the nonsense about (and I'm paraphrasing because I don't recall your precise language) 'it's OK to gloat when you have the best' or 'those who don't think it's the best just aren't artistic enough to see the differences' or just generally dissing everything that's NOT x-trans. X-trans is great. It's wonderful. So are several other sensor/array/processor combinations.

For some X-trans is the reason they got into Fuji gear, for others it's ONE reason among several, for other's it was DESPITE x-trans, and for still others it was reason enough NOT to go with Fuji. I love Fuji and I'm fine with x-trans, but I don't hold it above it's competitors - to me what makes Fuji REALLY special are the handling of the bodies and the great prime lenses. I also love their jpeg processing but I rarely shoot jpeg, so I hope Adobe gets it right when they add those film emulation profiles to Lightroom - I'd LOVE that...

-Ray
--------------------------------------
We judge photographers by the photographs we see. We judge cameras by the photographs we miss - Haim Zamir
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

If that'/s what's bothering you then you should know that these types of remarks are COMPLETELY aimed at the hater trolls who hang out in this forum for the purpose of trashing x trans. Of course I know it is not an X trans universe, this is to tweak the haters and I will continue to do that as long as they are here for their twisted reasons.

It goes both ways in my opinion: Haters are as much of an annoyance as are extreme fanboys

As usual, the 'truth' is found somewhere in between.

But I'm a fan boy in the FUJI forum, why are the haters here. Not equivalent to me.

The bottom line is that comments from both haters as well as fanboys need to be taken with huge grains of salt, which is not what many people are willing to put up with. It's just like reviews on Amazon: the bashing 1-star and glowing 5-star reviews are usually completely unrealistic and useless. If you enjoy living on the fringes and to hang your head out the window that much, then so be it, but don't be surprised that people take a swing at it.

And I have no problem with them taking a swing, I can defend myself.  But I think I will define the bottom line, fanboys in their own forum are not the equivalent of haters being in a forum where they hate the very equipment it is about.  They deserve a few more swings, which is what I like to give right back to them

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow