Back from London / Stockholm - Trade SEL10-18 for the 16-70?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TheEyesHaveIt
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Back from London / Stockholm - Trade SEL10-18 for the 16-70?
9 months ago

Hi all,

I just returned from a trip to London and Stockholm. I took my NEX 6 with the 35F1.8 and the SEL1018 as the only two lenses. The 35 stayed on the camera for about 90% of the trip (I find it quite inconvenient to change lenses while I'm out and about - maybe because I'm still quite new to this whole photography thing). Due to the experience, I was contemplating selling the SEL1018 and grabbing the Zeiss 16-70 as a single walkaround lens and also to add a "portrait" lens. Any opinions on that? I partially am worried about getting it since in the future, if I want to go to the A7, it may not be the best choice.

Oh, and I took the PacSafe Camsafe Venture V16 (http://pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&_action=detail&id=215) and I can highly recommend this as a camera bag. Has a REMOVABLE padded compartment (which is great if you want to just use the bag as a day pack), a laptop / hydration pocket (fit my 15" Macbook Air), rain cover (very handy in both cities), and has a side pocket for accessing the camera gear without having to take off the bag.

Few photos from the trip (post-processed, so sorry if you don't like the style):

SEL1018

SEL35F18

I think this was the SEL1018

SEL35F18

SEL1018 I believe

Thanks all!

TheEyesHaveIt's gear list:TheEyesHaveIt's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon D5300 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +1 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow