José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,283Gear list
Like?
Re: Community Challenge: Just One(?) Photo in March
In reply to El Matadurr, 4 months ago

El Matadurr wrote:

José B wrote:

Hey Matt,

Beautiful images especially of your gorgeous sister! Love the light shining on her as well as her stylish pose.

Did you use DMF? What I'm finding is for wide open shots with the Touit it is easier to use DMF on the eyes for half-body shots. For full body it's easier to do AF provided the lighting is good. It's more challenging indoors thus I try to use DMF too for full body shots. I can't wait to use my Touit again for some shoots.

Cheers,

José

Thanks José! And I actually used manual focus for both shots, and typically stick with it for two reasons: the AF of the Touit on the NEX-7 is pretty slow anyway, and when it is compounded with the unfortunate slight back-focusing my copy (and others out there) exhibits, I only waste more time using DMF.

To get critical correct focus to reap all the detail the Touit can provide at f/1.8, it actually turns out MF only is faster for me.

Now that LR has the Touit profile, as well as the awesome perspective sliders with LR5, this lens has become all the more versatile for my needs.

matthewdurrphotography.com

thanks for the focusing tips Matt. I will try MF next time.

cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow