trueview
Regular MemberPosts: 165
Like?
Re: same here
In reply to guitarjeff, 6 months ago

guitarjeff wrote:

trueview wrote:

guitarjeff wrote:

Welcome Photo W. You got a wonderful camera. X trans photos simply have a unique look and feel that transcends the sum of it's parts (or charts). There are a few here who have a problem with X trans for whatever reasons. But like many, when you see the photos you perceive those unique qualities, a mixture of the colors and sharpness, the way it captures the actual environment. Some may not perceive it, others may perceive it and don't like it anyway.

Watch out for those who say they are Fuji fans in a big way. Ask them specifically if they like X trans, the very direction of the company they say they love.

Now, if you want to be blown away, head over to Fliker and search groups for X trans, and get ready for tens of thousands of incredible shots. Search the XF 23mm, the XF 14, the 35, the 55-200 lenses. These thousands of photos clearly prove what a special too Fuji has created, and you have seen this for yourself in your own photos already.

It truly is an X trans universe, and I am proud to be a fanboy. It's okay to be a fanboy if your object of desire is the best.

Maybe a slight loss of sense of perspective here ?

I mean, I'm thoroughly satisfied with the xtrans sensor: the x pro 1 for me has become the digital equivalent of my Leica M6, since digital Leica prices are vastly out of my range.

The size-weight / IQ ratio of the x pro one is nothing short of stunning. But come on, I also get amazing results from my 5DIII. I also got to use a D800 a few times : can this camera also deliver in terms of IQ !

Fuji cameras are truly excellent, and with ergonomics I'm particularly fond of. But unique ?

In my opinion, uniqueness has more to do with what is in front of the camera and who is behind the camera, than the camera itself...

Oh yeah, very unique to me and many others. The colors ALONE make them unique to me and many. And yeah, somewhat overblown because it fun to toy with the X trans haters.

me ? A xtrans hater ? I must have misunderstood the definition of the word hate !

As for colors, sorry to disagree. In my opinion, the canon 5d3 has slightly better awb than the fuji. Of course, this is easily equalized in post, but the fact remains that in my eyes the canon is a bit better in out of camera color rendition.

and at high ISO, the canon wins hands down, both for IQ and AF. But that should be expected: larger sensor, and not the same price either !

Now when it comes to street photgraphy, the fuji is miles ahead, with its loads of IQ in a small inconspicuous package. Also, I prefer the x pro 1 traditional ergonomics.

And again cameras are not unique : photographers are, I mean, a very few of them

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow