XT1 - Truly Superior IQ

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 9,198Gear list
Like?
Re: Can you tell them apart? X-Trans and GX7 shots (and others)...
In reply to guitarjeff, 7 months ago

guitarjeff wrote:

Also, the mere fact that these are all different lighting and subjects with different distances and such really hurts this experiment. I can take a photo of a dead, brown winter time forest and it would be pretty tough to show off Fuji colors, know what I mean?

The point is it's not an experiment. It's real world actual photography that I've been doing over the past year or so. Lots of them in very similar circumstances and lighting, but yes, covering a variety of conditions. If the differences in IQ between cameras really mattered, this is exactly where you'd be able to see it. If you can only see it pixel peeping test photos, does it matter and can you really say that one is meaningfully better?

I could do a whole other series of low light shots that would also not show which is scientifically better in a test lab but would show that everything from m43 to full frame can produce really nice low light photos - the small sensor shots wouldn't hold up for the most part here, but everything else would.

-Ray
--------------------------------------
We judge photographers by the photographs we see. We judge cameras by the photographs we miss - Haim Zamir
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow