No D700 - Did Canon play this particular hand better?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ranalli
Contributing MemberPosts: 909
Like?
No D700 - Did Canon play this particular hand better?
7 months ago

I'm a Nikon user and lover of their gear but I gotta say...Canon seems to have no(or minimal) gaps in their lineup compared to Nikon with the exception of a D800/E mega-pixel monster type camera.  I also think their DX lineup is stronger...or at least appears to be since they clearly mark the lowest DSLRs as Rebels and have seemed to keep the FPS better than the D7100.

Part of the problem is that Nikon has the bar set too low for their flagship model, the D4 so everything underneath that must deliberately be not as good in some fashion.  If the D4 was more in the realm of the 1DX you could shave off several FPS, up the megapixels a touch, and still have a camera that doesn't kill 1DX sales too much...in this case the 5DMKIII.

I think a lot of D700 owners would have been happy if Nikon came out with their version of the 5DMKIII.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow