A7R with Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Samples

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Chrisd999
Contributing MemberPosts: 638Gear list
Like?
Re: Chris
In reply to David28, 7 months ago

David28 wrote:

These are outstanding images from the combo.

I love my UWA lenses but my M wides don't play well with the Sony bodies. The color shift at the edges was very present in every instance. Not a deal breaker as I happen to shoot a great deal for monochromes.

Nevertheless, it would be nice to get a wide that plays nicely with the A7R.

Can you please confirm that you saw NO COLOUR shifts or smearing (magenta, green or yellow) with this Samyang? Much appreciated. I look forward to seeing more images from this pairing.

David, as I confirmed in my lengthy reply above, there is absolutely no colour shifts or smearing in the corners like on the rangefinder lenses. I know because I tried a few different Voigtlander wide angle lenses (which I loved the form factor of), but none of them were acceptable on the A7R for this reason. One thing to watch for is the corners can be a little soft if not choosing the exact right aperture, distance to subject and focal length. It takes a while to get to know this lens, but it can get very good results with practice and patience.

David
Melbourne

Chrisd999's gear list:Chrisd999's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Alpha 7R Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow