Started Mar 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 14,284Gear list
Like?
Any OLD ex Canon FL users in the group?
Mar 30, 2014

Well, you don't have to be old, but you DO need some familiarity with Canon FL!

I have some Canon FL series prime lenses (consumer grade - not Pro grade) from my my Canon FT-QL days and while I don't need their focal lengths, I wonder if they would add anything of value to my E-M10. It's been a long time since I've used them.

The FL series lens mount didn't lend itself to adaption to digital photography with Oly DSLRs, so they've been sitting idle for a LONG time. They seemed OK when I used them, but lens design technology has made steady improvements since the early 1960's Does anyone have an opinion if they are worth the cost of buying an m4/3s adapter?

The last time I looked (about 1.5 years ago) they didn't have any fungus on them. so I don't see why they wouldn't be functional, but are they worth the cost of an adapter at this point?

-- hide signature --
 Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +3 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow