Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grundit
Contributing MemberPosts: 527
Like?
D4s in flat light Group AF
4 months ago

This morning I had the chance to test the group AF mode on the D4s.

With some really poor weather conditions and horribly flat light, I gave it a go anyway.

I had an English Pointer and an English Cocker. Both black and white dogs and incredibly fast. Their change of direction was quick.

Compared to the D800, big difference. Obvious really with the 11FPS. compared to the D4, I found the handling a little more comfortable. I would normally use single point on the D4 when trakcking but I found the group AF good.

I didn't take RAW which was a big thing for me. I never do JPEG. Due to no LR support and the 8.4ACR for CC, I decided to give JPEG ago. I am reasonably pleased with the out of camera JPEGS. they look ok, if a little flat. LR with a bit of contrast, virbrance, highlight and shadow adjustment took a couple of minutes.

The handling of the camera gave me confidence. I liked it. The Jpegs? I would much rather shoot raw to give me more scope in PP.

I really enjoyed this with the D4s. Iso was up a little from base, there has been a little cropping. I think they came out ok.

I am looking forward to trying this in more challenging settings.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D4 Nikon D4s Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow