Thank you Nikon!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
1w12q312qw1
Contributing MemberPosts: 732
Like?
Re: Thank you Nikon!
In reply to chipmaster, 9 months ago

chipmaster wrote:

Imagine how much good will nikon could have had if they did this straight up at first sign they knew they had a problem instead of their strange double talk at the beginning. This is another case of a company not facing the music and hoping the problem would go away, they never do

+1.

This has been my position throughout this episode. You can make excuses for Nikon all day long but just look at what they're doing now - maybe the shutter manufacturer has taken a hit on the replacements, but Nikon's service centers have to bear the brunt of the handling and repair of who knows how many units.

Look, no one is going to run a charity bazaar on behalf of Nikon, they've been around for about a century and many photographers believe their products are the cream of the crop, myself included. And I do understand that today's digital devices are a lot more complicated and intricate than film bodies from the past, being subject to many more variables that can and do go wrong.

Nikon has survived depressions, recessions, Yen-devaluations, market collapses and tsunamis, but I sincerely hope that the D600 and D800 issues are a loud-and-clear wakeup call to pay attention to their customers' feedback and, more importantly, the quality controls implemented in the design and construction of each body. Possible? Yes. Probable? Maybe.

Stan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow