ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ST13
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
New to MFT - advice for lenses
4 months ago

Hi to all,

I have been following this forum for long as I was very much interested in getting out of the P&S cameras I was using up to now and getting into more "serious" photography. And finally I did it:

I just got myself a GX7 and for my first lens a Pany 12-35 2.8. I am also considering its bother 35-100  but here is where your advice should come in for me. As I said I am new to the medium. I travel a lot with my wife and my interest in photography is primarily this: photographing new places (towns, cities, monuments, people etc) and happy moments - a night in the restaurant, night scenes etc. I am not into photographing birds, wild animals objects etc. Based on this information, I have chosen a fast enough zoom and consider the 35-100. I have done a sample research on previous photos I have taken while on trips and found out that about 65% of my photos had a focal length of less than 70mm (FF equivalent), about 25% between 70 and 200 and the rest 10% over 200mm (I got this information by looking at the EXIF of the P&S photos - is this OK?)

I hope the above is enough information for you guys to suggest alternatives, or additional lenses you may consider appropriate for my needs.

(Oh by the way, I am a perfectionist by nature, hence I went straight into the "best" or one of the best lenses / camera, although I could have started my journey with more affordable equipment - It will just not do it for me!).

ST13's gear list:ST13's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow