Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skyglider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,202Gear list
Like?
Another "Which 27" monitor" thread
9 months ago

I'm going to buy a 27" monitor which will be used for photo editing, word processing, internet browsing, etc. I'm running Windows 7.

I went to Best Buy today and they only had a handful of computer monitors on display. No 2560 x 1440 res monitors for PCs at all. But while I was there, I noticed that a lot of monitors and the displays for "All in one" PCs appeared to have glass screens. The reflections in all of those screens were horrible. No way could I get used to using a screen like that. (My current monitor is a Samsung 2253BW that has a matte screen with very little reflectivity and works well for me.)

I'm not set on a 2560 x 1440 res monitor and could settle for a 1920 x 1080 res monitor as well. I do want a monitor in the wider 16:9 aspect ratio since I put my Win7 taskbar on the right side and since Photoshop and especially Lightroom use a lot of screen real estate on the left and right sides.

Looking for recommendations for a monitor with the following requirements:

1. 27 inch IPS screen.
  2. 2560x1440 or 1920x1080 res monitor.
  3. Does NOT have a glass or high reflectivity screen.
  4. Can switch between inputs using one button for when I have two computers connected to the monitor.
  5. Has a stand that can go up/down, rotate horizontally and pivot from landscape to portrait orientation. Or has a VESA mount so I can install a stand that can do those things.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sky

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow