Is 1200 dollars for 70-200 vrI good deal?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Dismayed
Regular MemberPosts: 228Gear list
Like?
Re: Is 1200 dollars for 70-200 vrI good deal?
In reply to Bitingimpression, 7 months ago

Bitingimpression wrote:

Alright guys, I love the suggestions saying that I should get the f4 because of the better vr, and image quality, but I feel that i really need the extra stop of light. How much better is the image quality for the f4 vs the VRI? I honestly dont mind the extra weight, and I definitely cannot buy a VRII, way too much money. That being said, how good of a deal is 1200 for the VRI? On my D7100, i probably dont have to worry about the vingineting issues that happen on FX cameras

The f/2.8 VR1 is a stunning lens. I used it for quite a while on a D700. Yes the extreme edges are a little soft on FX, but the center is bitingly sharp. On DX it's a no-brainer. I never considered the f/4 version because I shoot indoor basketball. I need as much light as possible for the AF system.

-- hide signature --

"He could be right, he could be wrong. I think he's wrong but he says it in such a sincere way. You have to think he thinks he's right."
~ Bob Dylan

Dismayed's gear list:Dismayed's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow