Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dog house riley
Regular MemberPosts: 164Gear list
Like?
Looking for a fast zoom, for D2X?
6 months ago

I know there are "bunches" and just to say" looking for a fast zoom" but I mean fast to focus and lock on?

Now let me try to describe just how I'd like to use it? I don't do much sports or action, not since i shot film back in 90s, I'm looking to shoot outdoor basketball, on public courts and locally we have skate board parks and the kids "whiz" around pretty fast and I see lots of action. And summer baseball with the little guys.

First let me say I have no intentions of buying a Nikon 70 200 2.8, I'm not made of money, thoughts of 3rd party comes to mind, Tamron's newest version, and Sigma, then Nikons 70 200 f4? but the one I keep coming back too is Sigma's 50 150 for a crop camera[my D2X] or my D200, so if anyone would care to share some insight into the latest 50 150 from Sigma, I'm curious about it.

I've not found links on current reviews of that lens, so that could help. The rebate ends tomorrow so I just might "jump" on one. Less than $1000.00 at Adroma and B&H.

I've looked into the 24 70 lenses on a crop camera but? may not be the ticket I have in mind, I also would like to get back to shooting motorcycle racing, motocross, and i think a 50 150 might have a advantage over the 70 200's.

I do thank anyone who helps me on this.

"dog house riley"

dog house riley's gear list:dog house riley's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Canon EOS 100D +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D200 Nikon D2X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow