Any A7R users considering A6000 to complement their shooting?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
tn1krr
Contributing MemberPosts: 677Gear list
Like?
Re: Already using the A7R + A6000 pair
In reply to Chrisd999, 8 months ago

Hundminen wrote:

I'm loving my A7R which I'm using primarily for landscape, travel, and a bit of portrait shooting, with wide to medium lenses anywhere between the 14mm and 85mm FL's. Action and nature/wildlife photography are less important to me, but nevertheless I am feeling a bit left out when it comes to action shots requiring fact continuous focus, or longer (200mm+) FL's where the shutter vibration effects are reported. Therefore, I am thinking of picking up the relatively inexpensive A6000 one or two longer NEX zooms, which will complement the A7R weakness areas, and keep the whole e-mount system compatible, and satisfy the need for the limited action and wildlife shooting that I enjoy.

Are any A7R users out there thinking the same thing?

Got my A6000 (with kit lens) some days ago. I think it is a perfect baby brother A7R; very similar menu/UI, minimal shutter delay + EFCS makes it more easy/casual shooter, AF/tracking (and shutter delay) makes it a good action shooter. I should get my FE 70-200/4 OSS in about a week, planning to use it in both bodies; A6000 for action, A7R for portraits and for more reach with static subjects. I'll only be using the A6000 with FE lenses aside the kit 16-50 PZ, the FE35/55 are very very good even with Nex-7 (according to dxomark), should be even a little better with the A6000.

I think A6000 compliments the A7R perfectly; lot's of complementary functionality and a backup body for same glass.

tn1krr's gear list:tn1krr's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha 7R Sony a6000 Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow