Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CharlesB58
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,791
Like?
Major point for me favoring Panasonic
7 months ago

When it comes to m4/3, I tend to like what Olympus has to offer in bodies over Panasonic. IBIS especially, the .jpeg engine, and overall feature set all are things about Olympus I really like.

But...

Why oh why is Olympus not offering the silent electronic shutter Panasonic offers on bodies like the GX7, G6 or GH4? For me, that feature is on the verge of being a deal breaker. Frankly, I'm surprised Olympus has left it off cameras such as the pro level EM1.

For instance: recently I was photographing Carrie Newcomer in concert. She was solo, no back up band, so it was just her voice and her guitar. At the end of her first song, she signaled me to stop taking photos. I smiled, nodded, and headed back to my seat and put my gear away. At intermission, I met with her to discuss taking photos. She said the sound of my camera (E520) was too loud and disturbed her because she wasn't expecting it. She gave me the green light to shoot during 2 songs in her second set that were louder songs in which she wouldn't be likely to hear the noise of my camera. I was happy she was willing to let me photograph during those songs, and she was happy that I understood and complied with her wishes.

If I had a GX7 or G6, it would have been a non-issue.

Who else would like to see Olympus include a silent electronic shutter as a feature of their m4/3 cameras?

-- hide signature --

If, in my lifetime, I will have produced just one image that makes a real difference in the life of another, I will have achieved my highest goal as a photographer.
http://eyeguessphotography.com
http://livegigshots.com

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow