Any Reason to get D5300 over A6000?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
123Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 4,247Gear list
Like?
Re: Any Reason to get D5300 over A6000?
In reply to Jkim7, 6 months ago

Forget about stabilization. Just use bursting to make up for it. If you want ultimate sharpness you need to burst anyway. I *thought* it'd be a major problem moving from an A57 to A3000 (temporary) + LA-EA2 + A-mount lenses, and also focal reducer + A-mount lenses, wrt to stabilization, but I'm finding more and more, that since you need to burst multiple shots to ensure super sharp results anyway, that stabilization isn't that missed it seems.

The A6000 does bursting *really* well, at like 11 fps full resolution? So, no problemo I think!

For reach, throw on that Sony 1.7x teleconversion lens. Not to be confused with a teleconverter that sits between the body and lens. I'm talking about the one that stick at the top of the lens.

Or, get an LA-EA2 and a longer range A-mount lens. The Sony 55-300 is pretty darn good for instance !

123Mike's gear list:123Mike's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow