Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,620Gear list
Like?
XT1 Panoramas cooked 4 ways
6 months ago

Here are 4 ways of doing a panorama (there are 3 I know of).

The first one is 8 images shot in RAW using the14mm lens. Processed the same way for each image in PhotoNinja and then stitched in PTGui Pro. Final minor tweaks in Photoshop CS2.

XT1 14mm XF lens F18 1/160 ISO 400 0 EV 8 images PhotoNinja stitched in PTGui Pro very detailed

XT1 14mm 3 in camera panoramas 14mm F18 ISO320 1/220 -0.7EV stitched in PTGui Pro

XT1 14mm incamera panorama portrait mode jpeg F13 1/200 0 EV ISO320

XT1 14mm F11 1/220 -0.7 EV ISO200 exposure varied slightly I should've used the exposure lock button 10 images shot in RAW processed in PhotoNinja the same and stitched in PTGui Pro sligth tweak in PS.

All done in portrait mode except the 8 image RAW panorama which was landscape mode. All handheld and quite rapid (10 image pano took 30 seconds).

All 3 are respectable but to my eye its better to shoot in RAW and stitch later and hold the camera in portrait mode and lock the exposure. This is what I do when I want to do a serious image.

The XT1 has rich colour and the 14mm lens is just fantastic. I also took one with the 27mm pancake I just got and its a tremendous lens as well especially for the price.

Greg.

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow