ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TraceyS
Senior MemberPosts: 2,708Gear list
Like?
BBF and I might not get along....
9 months ago

ACK.

I'm trying, really I am. New camera, new steps out of the comfort zone....

15 minutes counts right?? It is longer if you count the time I spent reading in the manual to figure out HOW to set it up!

So the problem? Everyone gives me a hard time when I turn the camera portrait... I do it the "wrong" way. I do not like my wrist at the top. For 30 years I have done it the other way. Wrist bent on the bottom.

Well, tonight I realized that I also move my thumb away from the controls - it ends up resting on edge near the card door.

This doesn't bode well for making the camera focus I discovered. Nope, it just doesn't work.

A grip would solve the issue - but I can't spend any money on it this week. And I'm not sure about adding the weight right now either.

Are you guys SURE this will feel natural at some point? And help with with tracking and keepers in the gym? I really need to practice tracking - it did better after I adjusted that setting to 1 instead of 0. Don't make me tell you what one - but 0 was static subjects, and 1 is ones that are moving and stopping. My kids were tired of walking back and forth to the front door for me too.

Anyway, i'm trying!! Maybe I should go watch some YouTubes or something! LOL!!

-- hide signature --

Tracey

TraceyS's gear list:TraceyS's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow